× Members

Finally won appeal but still no payment

More
10 years 4 weeks ago - 10 years 4 weeks ago #119595 by sha
After a very stressful year and half Finally had confirmation that appeal for child dla has been accepted. I'm worrying now though as I've heard that the dla can appeal the tribunals decision and not accept it. I have not heard anything from dla to confirm entitlement Please help
Last edit: 10 years 4 weeks ago by Puccalove.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #119599 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Finally won appeal but still no payment
I will tentatively tell you not to worry as this is quite usual. It takes time for the DWP to receive info from the tribunal service and time again for it to go into their system and then be actioned. Something you can do that may help is to phone them and inform them of the decision and then follow this up by sending them a copy of the tribunal decision statement. They can technically appeal the decision but this is unlikely and certainly not usual.

You should receive backdated payments for any increase in entitlement from the date you applied or the date the entitlement was reduced (don't know if this is knew application or renewal). If/when you receive a lump sum payment you might want to check their maths as its not unknown for them to try to diddle you. It is not unheard of to wait up to 8 weeks for this to come through.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #119600 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Finally won appeal but still no payment
Oh yea and congrats! :laugh:

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #119605 by sha
Replied by sha on topic Finally won appeal but still no payment
Thank you for your reply. I feel a bit better , It's a re newel claim and it's been a very distressing time . Can hopefully now see a light at end of tunnel :). Thanks again

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.