× Members

ESA,Medical..Moved to support group

• J B Emmart
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 weeks ago - 10 years 4 weeks ago #119612 by J B Emmart
ESA,Medical..Moved to support group was created by J B Emmart
Hi
Had my medical 2 weeks ago and have now been told by letter that I have been moved to the support group
What happens now? will I be called in again? The letter gave no date as to how long this may be valid but my carer could be called for a work related advisor interview
Could someone explain things am a bit confused
Regards
Riasrule
Last edit: 10 years 4 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #119616 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA,Medical..Moved to support group
Hi J and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are new to this site, this FAQ should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm glad that your claim has been decided and you have been placed in the Support Group. You will not have to attend Work Focussed Interviews but your partner might if you have a joint income-related claim. As your partner is also your carer, s/he will not be expected to look for work or undertake Work Related Activities.

In theory every ESA award is indefinite. In practice no-one in the Support Group will go for more than 3 years without reassessment (under normal circunstances), it is 2 years for people in the WRAG. You can find out when to expect reassessment by phoning DWP and asking for the 'prognosis' or writing and asking for the paperwork associated with your claim. This FAQ should be helpful, whether or not you have a face2face assessment.

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

How often will I be reviewed

As an aside, it looks as if your username might be your real name. if you wish to change it, in order to maintain an element of anonymity, you can do so by following the advice in this FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

If you have any further questions, please come back and ask them on this topic/thread as it really helps us if everything is kept in one place :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: J B Emmart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.