× Members

DLA to PIP due this month

More
10 years 4 weeks ago - 10 years 4 weeks ago #119617 by satmanbasil
DLA to PIP due this month was created by satmanbasil
Hi

Im due to be reviewed for DLA this month already been informed it may transfer to PIP in fact i received a letter saying it confirms im in receipt of DLA at this time then goes on to explain PIP, the reason for writing is im a little confused how long are people waiting to be assessed for PIP at the moment.
Due to the fact I have high mobility needs with DLA i received a bus pass which runs out in 2 months time what happens if im still not been assessed for PIP, i know i should still receive DLA until such time the assessment is made for PIP. Do you think the letter sent to me confirming receipt of DLA can be used to reapply for another bus pass should the delay be down the line a few months?
Last edit: 10 years 4 weeks ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #119620 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP due this month

satmanbasil wrote: Hi

Im due to be reviewed for DLA this month already been informed it may transfer to PIP in fact i received a letter saying it confirms im in receipt of DLA at this time then goes on to explain PIP, the reason for writing is im a little confused how long are people waiting to be assessed for PIP at the moment.
Due to the fact I have high mobility needs with DLA i received a bus pass which runs out in 2 months time what happens if im still not been assessed for PIP, i know i should still receive DLA until such time the assessment is made for PIP. Do you think the letter sent to me confirming receipt of DLA can be used to reapply for another bus pass should the delay be down the line a few months?

DLA awards are only being transferred to PIP at the moment if the claimant lives in an active PIP area

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

If you do then it is likely that you will be invited to claim PIP, although it is not 100% guaranteed, you will only know when you receive either your DLA renewal forms, or an invitation for PIP.

Your current DLA award will continue until it is either renewed or, if you are invited to claim PIP, a Decision is made on you PIP claim, however long that might take. Providing the Bus Pass does not require a minimum award I don't see any reason why you cannot apply for a new one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.