× Members

DLA to PIP

More
10 years 4 weeks ago - 10 years 4 weeks ago #119622 by paul w
DLA to PIP was created by paul w
Hello
I was awarded indefinite DLA about 11 years ago I have now been asked to apply for PIP it was my understanding from the timetable I thought i would fall in the last group to be assessed.
Should I question why ?
I live in the West Midlands
Many thanks
Last edit: 10 years 4 weeks ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #119624 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
P

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Are you sure that you have received an invitation to claim PIP?

DLA claimants with an indefinite award should not be invited to claim PIP until 2015 or later unless they report a Change of Circumstances.

We have had several members confuse the annual DLA uprating letter with the invitation to claim PIP letter.

A PIP Invitation letter should look something like the following.

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...fication-pip0201.pdf

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 4 weeks ago - 10 years 4 weeks ago #119626 by paul w
Replied by paul w on topic DLA to PIP
Hello Gordon
Thanks for the reply
Yes that's the letter I received and there has been no change in circumstances.
On one side I am thinking should I question it or do you think just get on with it and start the claim
Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 4 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #119627 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
P

I would certainly call the DWP, there should be a phone number on the letter that you have received, if you do not get an answer immediately, then you should ensure that you make the initial claim within the timescales listed on the letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #119629 by paul w
Replied by paul w on topic DLA to PIP
Many thanks
I will keep you posted

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.