× Members

esa appeal/assessment phase

• alwill09
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #119655 by alwill09
esa appeal/assessment phase was created by alwill09
I've just sent off my appeal to the tribunals service after failing to get the original Atos 'fit for work' decision overturned by mandatory reconsideration.
I have obtained a fit note from my doctor to cover the period from the date of the DWP decision, as I hope to receive ESA at the assessment rate whilst I await my appeal. Can you please tell me where to send my fit note
ie should I send this to the address on the mandatory reconsideration (which is not my local DWP), or do I send it to the DWP in my own city? Also, do I simply send the fit note along with a letter stating that I have appealed and wish to be paid at the ESA assessment rate until my appeal is heard?
Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #119660 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa appeal/assessment phase

alwill09 wrote: I've just sent off my appeal to the tribunals service after failing to get the original Atos 'fit for work' decision overturned by mandatory reconsideration.
I have obtained a fit note from my doctor to cover the period from the date of the DWP decision, as I hope to receive ESA at the assessment rate whilst I await my appeal. Can you please tell me where to send my fit note

ie should I send this to the address on the mandatory reconsideration (which is not my local DWP), or do I send it to the DWP in my own city? Also, do I simply send the fit note along with a letter stating that I have appealed and wish to be paid at the ESA assessment rate until my appeal is heard?
Thanks

Hi aw09,

I would send your fit note to the same address as the MR.

Keep a copy !!

You could also send a copy of the SSCS1 Form that you sent to The Tribunal Service.

Yes, it may be advisable to include a covering letter as you suggest.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.