× Members

Esa support group

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #119734 by songbird57
Esa support group was created by songbird57
I had a phone call from DWP last Monday saying I was being considered for SG and had to fill in an ESA1 and return it ASAP. Can you tell me 'is being considered' a positive or negative? Thank you for your help
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #119735 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Esa support group

songbird57 wrote: I had a phone call from DWP last Monday saying I was being considered for SG and had to fill in an ESA1 and return it ASAP. Can you tell me 'is being considered' a positive or negative? Thank you for your help

Hi sb57,

Looking back at your previous post : Here, it appears that you are currently in the WRAG and awaiting the outcome of a reconsideration to be placed into The SG ?

On this premise, I cannot see why you would be required to fill in and return an ESA 1 Form which is the form used when an initial or fresh claim is made for ESA :

www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/how-to-claim

I would take "I was being considered for SG" as said, in that they are reconsidering whether or not to give you SG status.

bro58

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #119737 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa support group
songbird57

If your ESA is no longer in payment due to the 365 day time limit, then you are being asked to complete a new ESA1 as you original claim on the ESA computer system has been closed and deleted.

This being the case, I would recommend that you should mark the ESA1 with "not new claim - re-activation of previous claim due to Support Group", or something similar.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58, songbird57

• bro58
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #119738 by bro58
Hi sb57,

Are you sure that it isn't an ESA 3 financial assessment form to see whether you are entitled to Income Related (IR) ESA ?

The ESA 3 is around 50 pages long, here is a sample of an older version, I believe that there is now a newer version that still has around 50 pages :

Sample ESA 3 Form

bro58

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #119741 by songbird57
Replied by songbird57 on topic Esa support group
Hi Bro 58, no it was definitely an ESA 1. It is quite a big form with 2 sections, the first asking again just general questions about health and if I had a works pension, the second larger part was about all income into the household. I know I am not entitled to IR ESA as my husbands pension is approx £25 more than the permitted allowance.

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you who help us out on this site, it's such a scary time. Thank you

• bro58
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #119742 by bro58

songbird57 wrote: Hi Bro 58, no it was definitely an ESA 1. It is quite a big form with 2 sections, the first asking again just general questions about health and if I had a works pension, the second larger part was about all income into the household. I know I am not entitled to IR ESA as my husbands pension is approx £25 more than the permitted allowance.

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you who help us out on this site, it's such a scary time. Thank you

OK sb57, :)

In that case, I would pay heed to Gordon's advice. :)

Cheers

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.