× Members

Esa

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119827 by Mrs sewingbee
Esa was created by Mrs sewingbee
Info please on esa regs 29 and 35
I am currently on CB ESA and currently had a medical assessment which I think I should be in the support group. I am contesting by Revision of Decision. I have done a report with all available med evidence to send to support my challenge, but wonder if I should apply in this letter the regs for exceptional circumstances as a decision going against being moved into the support group would be a risk to my health. what reg do I apply please. Also any idea how I might word this.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119836 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa

Mrs sewingbee wrote: Info please on esa regs 29 and 35
I am currently on CB ESA and currently had a medical assessment which I think I should be in the support group. I am contesting by Revision of Decision. I have done a report with all available med evidence to send to support my challenge, but wonder if I should apply in this letter the regs for exceptional circumstances as a decision going against being moved into the support group would be a risk to my health. what reg do I apply please. Also any idea how I might word this.

It's Regulation 35 for the Support Group. There is more information in the ESA Claim guides

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

For Reg 35 (and 29) the burden of proof lies wholely with the claimant, so it is not enough to just say that you think you meet the requirements; you have to be specific and this needs to be supported by medical evidence.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs sewingbee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris