× Members

Esa

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #119827 by Mrs sewingbee
Esa was created by Mrs sewingbee
Info please on esa regs 29 and 35
I am currently on CB ESA and currently had a medical assessment which I think I should be in the support group. I am contesting by Revision of Decision. I have done a report with all available med evidence to send to support my challenge, but wonder if I should apply in this letter the regs for exceptional circumstances as a decision going against being moved into the support group would be a risk to my health. what reg do I apply please. Also any idea how I might word this.
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #119836 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa

Mrs sewingbee wrote: Info please on esa regs 29 and 35
I am currently on CB ESA and currently had a medical assessment which I think I should be in the support group. I am contesting by Revision of Decision. I have done a report with all available med evidence to send to support my challenge, but wonder if I should apply in this letter the regs for exceptional circumstances as a decision going against being moved into the support group would be a risk to my health. what reg do I apply please. Also any idea how I might word this.

It's Regulation 35 for the Support Group. There is more information in the ESA Claim guides

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

For Reg 35 (and 29) the burden of proof lies wholely with the claimant, so it is not enough to just say that you think you meet the requirements; you have to be specific and this needs to be supported by medical evidence.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrs sewingbee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.