× Members

"Too ill for PIP"? - Assessment Question

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #120047 by Jill
Hi there,
I went with my son to his PIP assessment on Monday. He suffers from Depression, Anxiety and Borderline Personality Disorder.
During the course of the assessment, the healthcare professional told us that my son could be "too ill" to benefit from the payment and so might not get it. He said that its purpose is to promote independence and that my sons condition was too severe to make a difference.

Is this what the DWP would think? Beforehand, I was under the impression that my son would qualify, and now I'm worried he won't.
Last edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bryando

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #120049 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic "Too ill for PIP"? - Assessment Question
J

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You cannot be too ill to receive PIP, so the HCP was talking rubbish, you can be too ill to receive payment, for example if you have to live in a Care facility, but even then it is not a question of entitlement. Yes, PIP is intended to promote independence but it is does this through helping with the additional costs that a disabled claimant will undoubtedly have.

You might want to have a look at our PIP Claim guide, it explains the process in more detail.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

If you have more questions, please come back to the forum and we wil do our best to help you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), Bryando

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.