× Members

Y CB ESA WRAG limited to 365 days but SG unlimited

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #120126 by HarryC
I am wondering why the contributory based ESA WRAG is limited to 365 days but the support group is unlimited, why the difference? I can't see any logical reason for the difference in the rules.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #120132 by Gordon

GeorgeJackson wrote: I am wondering why the contributory based ESA WRAG is limited to 365 days but the support group is unlimited, why the difference? I can't see any logical reason for the difference in the rules.

Basically, the current Government believe that ESA(CB) claimants in the WRAG will either;

- be well enough to return to work after a year, even though the statistics show that the vast majority will actually take two years, at least, or

- they will have someone to support them in the continued illness and don't need the money, despite the fact that there own impact analysis showed that nearly 1/2 million would lose out, or

- or they will have a low enough income for ESA(IR), which of course places them in the poorest quartile in the country.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris