× Members

Y CB ESA WRAG limited to 365 days but SG unlimited

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #120126 by HarryC
I am wondering why the contributory based ESA WRAG is limited to 365 days but the support group is unlimited, why the difference? I can't see any logical reason for the difference in the rules.
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #120132 by Gordon

GeorgeJackson wrote: I am wondering why the contributory based ESA WRAG is limited to 365 days but the support group is unlimited, why the difference? I can't see any logical reason for the difference in the rules.

Basically, the current Government believe that ESA(CB) claimants in the WRAG will either;

- be well enough to return to work after a year, even though the statistics show that the vast majority will actually take two years, at least, or

- they will have someone to support them in the continued illness and don't need the money, despite the fact that there own impact analysis showed that nearly 1/2 million would lose out, or

- or they will have a low enough income for ESA(IR), which of course places them in the poorest quartile in the country.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.