× Members

TRANSFER FROM IB TO ESA AND PIP CLAIM

More
10 years 5 days ago #121056 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic TRANSFER FROM IB TO ESA AND PIP CLAIM
angelcake

This activity is about being unable to cope with planned or unplanned changes in your routine. You score points depending on how much more difficult your daily life is made by your reaction to changes, so yes, an appointment at the hospital would be a relevant change to your routine.

Have you looked at the ESA Claim guide as this explained in more detail with examples.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 days ago - 10 years 4 days ago #121077 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic TRANSFER FROM IB TO ESA AND PIP CLAIM
Hi Gordon,

yes thank you, I'm using the guide :)

Using the hospital/GP example, I didn't know whether it had to be a 'change' to the appointment planned or unplanned which then caused the subsequent stress?

...but sounds like you're saying that a hospital/GP appointment is the 'change' to the daily routine that could cause the stress etc. Is that right??

I'm using the guide but a bit stuck on applying this section other than the appointments above. It does say that shopping is another activity - but it is saying things like you would get upset if didn't have have particular brand and the examples are too extreme to be relevant for me.

It also mentions the Job centre - is it worth mentioning the effect of having to go to work related activities if put in the wrag group and if I have to go to an assessment how this is distressing change in routine?

thank you
Last edit: 10 years 4 days ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 4 days ago #121082 by Gordon
angelcake

The "appointment" can operate at two levels, first there is the issue of accommodating the appointment in your normal day to day schedule, this would count as a planned change, then there is the situation where having arranged the appointment, the date or the venue is changed at short notice for some reason, this would be an unplanned change, I am sure you can think of other examples for planned changes where you would expect to get reasonable notice, versus unplanned changes where you get little or no notice.

The things you need to explain are the types of change that cause you problems, this could be something big like the hospital appointment or one at the JobCentre, or something small (I am not suggestion the impact is small), like the bottles in your spice rack are not in alphabetical order, so you cannot find the one you need.

Then you need to explain the impact, so with the appointment maybe you do something at the time every week, to make time for it you have to move that thing to another time, but you do something at that time, so that has to be moved, etc. For the spice rack, maybe you have to take all of the spices off of the rack and sort them into the right order before you can pick the one that you want.

I hope that it explains it a bit more.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

More
10 years 4 days ago - 10 years 4 days ago #121088 by angelcake
Hi Gordon with the Jobcentre I don't need to go at the moment but can you talk about how future changes such as this would effect and distress you or do you have to give just examples of things that already distress you in terms of change.

This issue is also mentioned under exceptional circumstances in the going out section but it is saying that if it would create a danger to your health. I'm not sure it would but I doubt I would be able to fufill these things if I was put in the wrag group so it worth mentioning in the going out section

thank you
Last edit: 10 years 4 days ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 4 days ago #121099 by Gordon

angelcake wrote: Hi Gordon with the Jobcentre I don't need to go at the moment but can you talk about how future changes such as this would effect and distress you or do you have to give just examples of things that already distress you in terms of change.

This issue is also mentioned under exceptional circumstances in the going out section but it is saying that if it would create a danger to your health. I'm not sure it would but I doubt I would be able to fufill these things if I was put in the wrag group so it worth mentioning in the going out section

thank you

You need to separate them, so in the Coping with Changes you can use having to attend Jobcentre appointments as one of your examples, if applicable.

If you feel that you may qualify under the Exceptional Circumstances Regulations, R29 that work would be a danger to your health, or R35 that Work Related Activity would be a danger to you then you need to specify this separately in the Other Information section.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

More
10 years 3 days ago - 10 years 3 days ago #121192 by angelcake
Hi Gordon,

I have another couple of questions this time on the coping with social situations.

In the guide p.56 under 16a 16b 16c - the descriptors on b and c it is talking about people you are unfamiliar with but as I go through this section later on it mentions about people you are familiar with - so wondered if you could clear that up for me.

- Also in this section under Atos H.P it mentions severe anxiety, autism, psychosis, learning dis but in the example given it talks about depression, so would they consider depression under this section as it is not listed - so a little confused.

I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow she did a letter for me for my PIP and mentioned about some of the descriptors that affected me but not major detail and obviously talked about my condition.

So I'm asking her to do a letter for the ESA and there is some differences with the descriptors is it sufficient for the health professional to just mention that you are affected by certain descriptors? Is that sufficent to back up and support what you are saying? I'm not sure that you could expect much else :)

thanks again
Last edit: 10 years 3 days ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris