× Members

POST WORK PROGRAMME SUPPORT - ESA

• Azra
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #120162 by Azra
POST WORK PROGRAMME SUPPORT - ESA was created by Azra
Hi it would be helpful if anyone here could help me out to sort out my boyfriend problem with the ESA.

He is suffering from severe clinical depression due to harassment and bullying and his work place which cost him his job. His condition was diagnosed by GP, psychiatrist & psychologist. He attended ATOS medical interview, however they failed him and say he is capable of working. After we lodge an appeal which was successful he was placed in ESA but on the work programmed activity.

In March 2012 things became worse when he attempted suicide and ended up in Mental hospital for few days. His GP referred him for counselling and also appointment with psychiatrist. I have all the medical report.

He was placed on the work focused interview Programme. From the first appointment the Reed employment agencies case worker who dealt with him put a note in his file that there is no hope for him to get a job. Ever since they did telephone interview once a month and because of his situation Reed agency agreed for me to update his condition.

Now he received a letter from Jobcentre asking him to attend an interview (Post Work Programmed Support) with a personal adviser. They sent a long form to fill in which is all related to his ability to work, the job he is looking for and so on. I don't understand why they want him to attend more appointment to look for work, when they are well aware from the report for Reeds agencies over 24 month that he is not able to work?

My question is what will happen at this appointment? I mean he is not capable of having a conversation or make any sense. How can I deal with this issue?

I truly appreciate your kind help, assistance and advice.

Thank you
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 1 week ago #120166 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic POST WORK PROGRAMME SUPPORT - ESA

Azra wrote: Hi it would be helpful if anyone here could help me out to sort out my boyfriend problem with the ESA.

He is suffering from severe clinical depression due to harassment and bullying and his work place which cost him his job. His condition was diagnosed by GP, psychiatrist & psychologist. He attended ATOS medical interview, however they failed him and say he is capable of working. After we lodge an appeal which was successful he was placed in ESA but on the work programmed activity.

In March 2012 things became worse when he attempted suicide and ended up in Mental hospital for few days. His GP referred him for counselling and also appointment with psychiatrist. I have all the medical report.

He was placed on the work focused interview Programme. From the first appointment the Reed employment agencies case worker who dealt with him put a note in his file that there is no hope for him to get a job. Ever since they did telephone interview once a month and because of his situation Reed agency agreed for me to update his condition.

Now he received a letter from Jobcentre asking him to attend an interview (Post Work Programmed Support) with a personal adviser. They sent a long form to fill in which is all related to his ability to work, the job he is looking for and so on. I don't understand why they want him to attend more appointment to look for work, when they are well aware from the report for Reeds agencies over 24 month that he is not able to work?

My question is what will happen at this appointment? I mean he is not capable of having a conversation or make any sense. How can I deal with this issue?

I truly appreciate your kind help, assistance and advice.

Thank you

Hi A,

I believe that these "Post Work Programmed Support" interviews are to evaluate how the preceding WFI/WRA activities have helped, and how to proceed.

I would fill the form in as required making comments with regards to his limitations and MH issues.

You could also contact The JCP Adviser in question and inform them of your boyfriend's problems and history.

You could request that any such interview is carried out over the phone as it seems that previous interviews have.

It may well be that this is a standard pro-forma letter and form that has been generated and sent out, without the JCP Adviser being personally aware of your boyfriend's problems.

If they still insist on him attending a letter of support from his G.P. may help.

Failing that, if they still insist on his attendance and he fails to attend, they may try to sanction his ESA payments.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

Changes to ESA Sanctions

The forum is now closed to new posts until 8 pm this evening, when you can re-post to this topic if you have any further queries.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.