× Members

industrial injuries disablement benefit

• jegs
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #120173 by jegs
Hi everybody

I have been looking on the benefits and work website for any information on Industrial Injuries
Disablement Benefit (IIDB).
I have a medical next month for this benefit on the grounds that my medical condition has got worse. (Currently getting Benefit).
Does anybody know the format of the medical or direct me to any further reading. I am wondering that it my be similar to a DLA medical as you have to score a certain percentage level of disablement to qualify.
Its just I dont fancy going to an Atos medical un-prepared
any information would be much appreciated

Regards

Jegs
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by slugsta.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 1 week ago #120175 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic industrial injuries disablement benefit
Hi jegs,

I'm afraid that we don't deal with Industrial Injuries claims. However, I will leave this topic open in case one of the other moderators, or a member, will have some experience to share with you.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), jegs
More
10 years 1 week ago #120179 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic industrial injuries disablement benefit

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), jegs , slugsta
  • bro58
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #120180 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic industrial injuries disablement benefit
Hi J,

As stated by MHB, we do not advise on IIDB.

I do know that you will only be assessed on your limitations/disabilities resulting directly from the industrial injury itself.

The LiMA software used for the ESA F2F Assessment will not be used, so it should be a more conventional medical.

Here are some links to further information regarding IIDB :

www.atoshealthcare.com/claimants/types_of_assessment_iidb

www.turn2us.org.uk/information__resource...ial_injuries_db.aspx

&

www.gov.uk/industrial-injuries-disableme.../further-information

bro58

[Posted same time as Gordon. :) ]
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by bro58.
  • jegs
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 week ago #120183 by jegs
Replied by jegs on topic industrial injuries disablement benefit
Thankyou for leaving this topic open
  • Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #120195 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic industrial injuries disablement benefit
I have experience in IIDB, because my wife was on it for many years following her contracting an Industrial Disease whilst working as as a Nurse. I'm also a retired Welfare Rights Officer, and I accompanied her to medicals for IIDB and was successful in getting her an award.

I haven't been online much today as I have chronic ill health disability myself, so only saw your post after the forum closed.

it appears that you have contracted a work related illness, rather than having a accident. it would be helpful if you could tell me the condition for which you receive IIDB and what percentage you currently receive.

I will try to help you tomorrow on the 2.00pm to 4.00pm session.

Thank you Mrs HB & Gordon for leaving this post open.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law). Reason: Added information after forum locked
The following user(s) said Thank You: jegs
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.