× Members

Remploy

• Marky
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #120189 by Marky
Remploy was created by Marky
Hello

I went to Remploy today after being asked to by my Disability Employment Advisor

I found the man I talked to very helpful and I'm now in the process of deciding if I want to sign up with them

I'm a little unsure as my mental and physical health isn't very good at the moment. I take antipsycotics, fentanyl and morphine

The main thing I am worrying about is becoming ill when/if I sign up with Remploy. What would happen if I can't attend at any point?

Has anyone been in this position?

All the best

Mark
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #120193 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Remploy
Marky

We are very limited on the advice we can give in this area as it can be dependant on a wide variety of factors, even the relationship you have with your current advisor can effect the situation.

I assume that is in relation to the Work Programme, this being the case, then what I can say is that once you volunteer for the Work Programme then you are committed to it for two years. Whilst it may seem attractive at the moment, you need to consider what will happen if your health deteriorates or you are asked to do more than you are capable of managing, bearing in mind that how you are being managed, can change overnight if your advisor is replaced.

Being on the Work Programme comes under the heading of Work Related Activity, so you need to be aware that a failure to participate in a mandated activity can lead to your benefit being sanctioned until you do. Any WRA that you are asked to carry out must take into account any limitations that result from your conditions, but the DWP may have a different view from you as to what you are capable of.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 week ago #120283 by oldman
Replied by oldman on topic Remploy
Hi all

I am with remploy, via advisor, and are in the wrag. I attend once every two weeks or weekly if you feel up to it. Any job searches I do are voluntary but I have to inform remploy of my activity. They are very helpful towards getting you ready for work and have contacts most people do not know about. As I said very helpful and very flexible about attending. They also pay your travel costs. To anybody reading this that wants to work get your advisor to recommend you to them, you cannot just go along. Very very helpful people who understand the problems.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.