× Members

New claimant help filing in ESA50

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #120218 by Brawn
New claimant help filing in ESA50 was created by Brawn
Hi I hope someone can help me please. I am trying to fill out this form and I just don't know where to start. I've looked at it and looked at it. I've read the information linked to it on here. I have fibromyalgia which I know is a poorly understood condition. In the space on the form where it asks about how the illness affects me I have so far written in rough how I am affected but it seems to be a lot on there. I feel it is an essay. Because this illness is so variable I've felt like it is difficult to write about it. Do I write about how it affects me in my worst times? Do I include how it is when it is bad but not at my worst times. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense. I just need help because I've had it two weeks and I still haven't found a way forward. Thanks in advance, any help will be gratefully received.
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #120220 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic New claimant help filing in ESA50
Hi Lea and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, you might find this FAQ helpful.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm afraid that filling in the form does take a lot of time and effort. If your condition is variable then you should explain your best and worst times on the form. Don't fall into the trap of writing only about your worst times as that carries the risk of you being accused of benefit fraud. This is covered in our ESA guides. I think the best thing to do is to attempt one question at a time, with the guide open in front of you.

The other thing to say is that there is lot's of repetition involved. Don't assume that DWP know anything, everything needs to be spelled out clearly.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.