× Members

PIP assessment

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #120234 by neptuno
PIP assessment was created by neptuno
I've had a letter saying They will write or phone to arrange a date. I know I will be very anxious and am worried I will be tongue-tied and stutter along and not explain fully how my condition affects me and my mobility. Does anyone have any advice to stop me just saying yes or no !!??!!
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #120239 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP assessment
Towards the back of our PIP guides is a section that tells you what to expect at a face2face assessment. the better prepared you are, the more chance there is that you will feel in control.

PIP help for claimants

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: neptuno

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #120241 by neptuno
Replied by neptuno on topic PIP assessment
Concentration is difficult at the best of times and I'm worried I'll get flustered talking about distances, how much time, now often, for how long and those types of questions :S It's difficult to measure these things when the condition varies day to day. :blink: Any tips ?
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 week ago #120244 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment

neptuno wrote: Concentration is difficult at the best of times and I'm worried I'll get flustered talking about distances, how much time, now often, for how long and those types of questions :S It's difficult to measure these things when the condition varies day to day. :blink: Any tips ?

Try and pick something that you do on a regular basis, for example putting your rubbish bins out for collection or if you do not leave the house, getting to the toilet from your living room.

I am afraid you need to measure these distances accurately or get someone to do it for you and then time yourself doing it, and do this more than once, perhaps each day for a week so you have an idea of any variation.

Write it all down, it's great if you can remember it, but don't worry if you can't, take the notes with you to the assessment, you can always refer to them by explaining, as you did in your post. that you can get confused about these things, which is why you specifically captured this information to ensure that the assessor has accurate information.

Good luck.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), neptuno, slugsta

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #120251 by neptuno
Replied by neptuno on topic PIP assessment
Capita say the majority of assessments will be at the home but it seems from this forum that many are travelling up to an hour to see the assessor. I live in the West Midlands and wonder how it works in this area ?
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 week ago #120253 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment

neptuno wrote: Capita say the majority of assessments will be at the home but it seems from this forum that many are travelling up to an hour to see the assessor. I live in the West Midlands and wonder how it works in this area ?

Most of those who are having to travel are being assessed by ATOS, the W. Midlands is a Capita area so I would expect the majority, but not all claimants to be offered a home assessment.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: neptuno

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.