× Members

Worried about pip assessment - have rare condition

More
10 years 6 days ago #120410 by Billy
Hi B
If for some reason you do not meet the criteria for one of the SG descriptors have a look at Reg 35
Would you be a serious risk to you or someone else`s health

Bud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 days ago #120413 by Gordon

bottleofbest wrote: [Would you say this for both pip and esa?

Both ESA and PIP look at the limitations that result from a claimants conditions rather than the conditions itself, there are only very limited circumstances where the condition will take precedence in an assessment.

For both benefits there are a set of Descriptors and Regulations that a claimant is assessed against.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Billy, slugsta, Guy Bentick

• Guy Bentick
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 days ago #120417 by Guy Bentick
Replied by Guy Bentick on topic Worried about pip assessment - have rare condition

Gordon wrote:

bottleofbest wrote: [Would you say this for both pip and esa?

Both ESA and PIP look at the limitations that result from a claimants conditions rather than the conditions itself, there are only very limited circumstances where the condition will take precedence in an assessment.

For both benefits there are a set of Descriptors and Regulations that a claimant is assessed against.

Gordon

Thanks everyone. My wife has written the letter on my behalf as im having a bad day today.
We have explained that my condition has deteriorated since filling in the form and what affect it has on my ability to be mobile, chew food and toilet needs with at least a paragraph each and then listed the descriptor we feel it now meets.

Thank you for your support.

More
10 years 6 days ago #120420 by slugsta
Good luck 'bob'

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Guy Bentick

More
10 years 6 days ago #120425 by Billy
It will help immensely if you have HCP reports stating your limitations and how it affects you

After reading your first post, you should have a good look at Regulation 35 and not just relying on a descriptor and vice versa, you can be placed in the Support Group on Regulation 35

Bud

• Guy Bentick
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 days ago #120445 by Guy Bentick
Replied by Guy Bentick on topic Worried about pip assessment - have rare condition
Wow, thanks ever so much for that.
There is a similar question to that in the esa assessment form if I recall and I remember ticking that.
I would not only br a danger to myself but can to others as during attacks I am unaware of what I'm doing and lash out some times albeit it rarely. I'm normally in a foetal position on the floor unable to do anything.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.