× Members

Hospital visit

More
10 years 3 days ago - 10 years 3 days ago #120377 by summertrain
Hospital visit was created by summertrain
I need to go into hospital for surgery later in the year, the recovery time is 3 - 6 months. I am in the SG How would that affect me if I was called for reassessment during or before the recovery period?
Last edit: 10 years 3 days ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 days ago #120380 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Hospital visit
Hi St,

Whenever you are called for assessment, you will have to complete the forms as you are at the time. If your condition worsens before the decision has been made then you should send in further information relating to that.

Let's take one step at a time and try not to worry too much about what might happen in the future. :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 days ago - 10 years 3 days ago #120381 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic Hospital visit
Just worried about getting an ESA50 at that time, and unable to complete it. If I were to tell DWP about the surgery when I go in, for example, would they delay the sending out of ESA50. Yes it's an unknown at the moment, but just adds futher stress
Last edit: 10 years 3 days ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 days ago #120387 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Hospital visit

summertrain wrote: Just worried about getting an ESA50 at that time, and unable to complete it. If I were to tell DWP about the surgery when I go in, for example, would they delay the sending out of ESA50. Yes it's an unknown at the moment, but just adds futher stress

Even if they didn't and I would expect it would delay it being sent out, it would establish Good Cause for it being returned late or incomplete.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: summertrain , slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.