× Members

Support group decision but no benefit

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #120385 by Jacquiki
Support group decision but no benefit was created by Jacquiki
Claim started for cb esa in jan 2013, payments stopped after 365 day rule. Call from atos march 2014 to say no assessment needed and placed into support group. Letter from dwp on Friday stating rate of benefit for 2013 was less than received on assessment rate apparently due to company pension and that I would not be receiving any further payments as year had passed. Spoke to dwp today to explain and they informed me that I had been placed in sg from 14/3/14 which was when I had the call from atos and as this had gone passed the year I would only get credits. Surely they should backdate to 13 wks after claim as it is through no fault of mine that atos had such a huge backlog of assessments. With regards to my personal pension I did inform of this when I took my id to the job centre plus at the start of my claim. What do I do now ?
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #120388 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Support group decision but no benefit
Hi Badders,

You are correct that, as long as this was a new claim for ESA rather than a migration from IB, the Support Group decision should have been backdated to the beginning of week 14 of your claim and the clock should have been 're-set' so that you still have 365 days left in WRAG.

If you are on contriibutory ESA then the first £85 of your pension should be disregarded and ESA reduced by 50p for every extra £1 of pension above that level. If you are on income-related ESA then it will be reduced £ for £.

The best thing would be for you to phone DWP and ask for a return call from a supervisor, these people tend to have more accurate knowledge than the telephone answering staff.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #120390 by Jacquiki
Replied by Jacquiki on topic Support group decision but no benefit
Thanks will call them again

• bottleofbest
10 years 3 weeks ago #120409 by bottleofbest
Replied by bottleofbest on topic Support group decision but no benefit
That's nuts, how do they get away with not paying you the full amount when they're the ones who couldn't assess you in time! It's ridiculous!

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #120448 by Jacquiki
Replied by Jacquiki on topic Support group decision but no benefit
Forgot to mention that when I spoke to dwp they told me to write a letter asking for reconsideration of decision being backdated so that my payments could start again. Is this the best course of action or should I phone again and ask for call back from supervisor.
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #120449 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Support group decision but no benefit

Badders wrote: Forgot to mention that when I spoke to dwp they told me to write a letter asking for reconsideration of decision being backdated so that my payments could start again. Is this the best course of action or should I phone again and ask for call back from supervisor.

If this was the first Decision on your claim, then you are entitled to back payments from the beginning of week 14 and the re-instatement of payments from when they were stopped at the ESA(CB) rate minus any deduction for your pension.

As Mrs H has recommended you need to contact the DWP and ask to speak to a Customer Manager, this normally requires a call back.

Based on what you have posted the DWP is fundamentally wrong and should be turned over without the need for a Mandatory Reconsideration.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, bottleofbest

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris