× Members

Appeal tomorrow

More
10 years 5 days ago #120508 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Appeal tomorrow
Hi ff,

I'm glad that the tribunal was not the ordeal that you had feared. I hope that you get a favourable decision soon.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: foreverfoggy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 5 days ago #120509 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Appeal tomorrow

foreverfoggy wrote: Thank you. We had the appeal today and I could never have guessed the questions they would ask. I was expecting the usual How did you get here today? How long did it take you to get ready? etc. They asked why she had been without a diagnosis for so long and why we had felt the need to go private along with questions about how the education system had let her down and she hadn't had a proper education. All these things going back 5 years. Yes they asked her about her care not much about her mobility. Thankfully nothing from the Atos report but we have had an apology letter from them. Anyway outcome was, they will let us know by post as they were extremely busy today. just got an anxious wait now. It was nowhere near as scary as I was expecting it to be and they all made us feel very comfortable. They were very gentle with my daughter. By the way she is 16 now, a child when I applied. So thanks for your help and I will let you know the outcome when I get it. :)

Hi ff,

Thanks for the update.

It is good to hear that the appeal hearing was not too daunting an experience.

Here is hoping that your appeal is successful !! :)

Please do let us know when you receive the Decision Notice.

bro58

• foreverfoggy
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120915 by foreverfoggy
Replied by foreverfoggy on topic Appeal tomorrow
Just to let you know. My daughter received higher mobility and lower care. we were hoping for middle care but it wasn't to be. Also only awarded until August. Got to start PIP then. :/ Does anyone know how long the money takes to come through? Also is she as a 16 year old entiltled to esa?
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 11 months ago #120916 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Appeal tomorrow

foreverfoggy wrote: Just to let you know. My daughter received higher mobility and lower care. we were hoping for middle care but it wasn't to be. Also only awarded until August. Got to start PIP then. :/ Does anyone know how long the money takes to come through? Also is she as a 16 year old entiltled to esa?

It normally takes the DWP 6-8 weeks to process a Tribunal result you may be able to speed it up if you can fax a copy of the Decision Notice to the relevant department that deals with PIP.

Anybody of 16 or over can claim ESA, providing that their GP is prepared to issue a Fit Note that they are unable to work, if she is still in full time education then she will need to qualify through her PIP award, as this being in education normally prevents a claim, so you might want to wait until this is fully sorted out, an ESA claim can be backdated up to three months providing it is covered by a Fit Note.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: foreverfoggy

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.