× Members

Extended my Award of DLA - what does this mean?

More
10 years 4 days ago - 10 years 4 days ago #120553 by crystaltips
Before Christmas I had to fill in a form because the DWP wanted to assess my claim for DLA and swap it over to PIP. (I was awarded DLA a number of years ago because of anxiety and depression and get it at the lower rate.) I sent this form off and it wasn't until 9th April that I got a letter in return. I thought it would be a letter to arrange a medical, however it says:

"We're writing to let you know that we've extended your award of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance.

Your entitlement of DLA will continue until we make a decision on your claim for Personal Indepence Payment."

Does that mean I could get a letter any day asking me to go for a medical? How much of a backlog is there? Im in the Midlands near Coventry.
Last edit: 10 years 4 days ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 days ago #120558 by slugsta
Hi 'crystaltips' and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, you should find this FAQ helpful.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

DWP are extending the length of DLA awards until PIP has been decided, in some cases this is taking upwards of 12 months! Most people should expect a face2face assessment at some stage.

Please reply to this post if you have any further questions and we will do our best to help you. You will find this topic easily in future if you make it a favourite, or bookmark it, on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystaltips

More
10 years 4 days ago - 10 years 4 days ago #120562 by tilytrotter
Replied by tilytrotter on topic Extended my Award of DLA - what does this mean?
I am currently on DLA which is running out in July, I have filled in the PIPS forms and today I had a letter saying my case has been passed to Capita but it could take up to twenty six weeks, what does this mean, will my DLA still be paid until they have decided my fate?
Last edit: 10 years 4 days ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 4 days ago #120575 by Gordon

Lynda Farrell wrote: I am currently on DLA which is running out in July, I have filled in the PIPS forms and today I had a letter saying my case has been passed to Capita but it could take up to twenty six weeks, what does this mean, will my DLA still be paid until they have decided my fate?

Your DLA will remain in payment until four weeks after a Decision is made on your PIP claim, whatever that Decision might be.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.