× Members

Assessments

• S . Hawes
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 days ago - 10 years 4 days ago #120557 by S . Hawes
Assessments was created by S . Hawes
I had an assessment appointment booked to have a medical examination on the 9th April I was suffering really badly and finding it hard to travel as I live in Norwich but they wanted me to go all the way to Ipswich , I went to the doctors who then e-mailed them , i was then told I still had to go and they would pay the £150.00 taxi fare there and back , but it's not the fact there going to pay for the taxi fare it's the discomfort of traveling all that way and the pain , I then received a call the day before I was spose to go and was told they had just read through my files and that I needed to be assessed by a doctor ! I actually thought I was being seen by a doctor , and was told they would be in touch with another appointment which hasn't happened yet , why can't I see someone in Norwich , and how long am I going to have to wait for them to get in touch again , it's stressing me out I don't think they realise what there actually doing to people .
Last edit: 10 years 4 days ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 days ago - 10 years 4 days ago #120561 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessments
S

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You don't say whether this is for ESA or PIP?

In either case I would have expected ATOS to be able to assess you in their Norwich assessment centres, as according to their website they have both ESA and PIP centres in the town, although it is possible that they are understaffed and that is why they have used Ipswich.

Unfortunately we cannot predict when a new appointment will be available as their are considerable delays in both the ESA and PIP processes at the moment.

I would suggest you call them back and request that this new appointment be made in Norwich, according to Google Maps the journey is over the 1 hour (just) that you should be expected to travel.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 4 days ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.