× Members

Entitled to income support top up after transfer?

More
10 years 4 days ago - 10 years 4 days ago #120588 by HarryC
If you are migrated to ESA successfully, and previously if you were getting an income support top up to incapacity benefit, does this mean you should automatically get the equivalent on ESA top up? (which would allow free prescriptions, dentist etc)
Last edit: 10 years 4 days ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 days ago - 10 years 4 days ago #120590 by slugsta
It is likely that you would be entitled to an income-related top up but I don't know if this will be automatic, I suspect you will need to fill in an ESA3.

This message contains confidential information

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 4 days ago by slugsta. Reason: tick

More
10 years 4 days ago #120593 by Gordon
GJ

If you are currently receiving IB with an IS top-up then you will in principle be transferred to ESA(CB) with an ESA(IR) top up, however, whether this will happen will depend on the total amount of money you receive, as the ESA(CB) will be calculated first and then if this is less than you current payments an ESA(IR) top up will be added.

Also, this is an unusual situation as most claimants are either on IB without IS or IS on its own, so I would not put it past the DWP to muck it up.

You will only continue to be eligible for free prescriptions, etc. if you receive the ESA(IR) top up.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.