× Members

DLA, asked for bank details

• Lucille Graham
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 days ago - 10 years 3 days ago #120605 by Lucille Graham
DLA, asked for bank details was created by Lucille Graham
Good afternoon

I hand delivered application for DLA 4 weeks ago. Two weeks later a letter arrived asking for bank details and to sign to agree that if overpaid i agree the money can be taken back. I included bank details on the original DLA form. May if be the case that an award has been passed or is this standard procedure regardless of outcome.

thank you
Last edit: 10 years 3 days ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 days ago - 10 years 3 days ago #120612 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA, asked for bank details
LG

Welcome to the forum in case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I need to be cautious in raising your hopes but it is usual for the DWP to contact a claimant for up to date bank details when an award has been made, it may be worth your phoning the DLA unit as they may be able to tell you what is going on, the number should be on any of the letters that you received in regard your DLA claim.

Fingers crossed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 3 days ago by Gordon.

• Lucille Graham
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 days ago #120614 by Lucille Graham
Replied by Lucille Graham on topic DLA, asked for bank details
Thank you Gordon
it's all gone very swiftly so i think i will hold tight for now and wait.

Again, thank you

• Lucille Graham
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121338 by Lucille Graham
Replied by Lucille Graham on topic DLA, asked for bank details
I received a letter on Saturday stating, “You cannot get Disability Living Allowance.
We considered the following information to decide that you cannot get Disability Living Allowance:
Information from your claim form.
A medical report we asked for.

Concerning the medical report I don’t know who they spoke to. I do however know that both my GP and Rheumatologist have never spoken to me regarding my personal care or mobility. The appointments are short and never include “how my disability affects me.”

For example, my visit last week with the rheumatologist involved him asking a nurse to give me two injections in my right hand. We never discussed chopping vegetables, how far I can walk, what level of pain I experience, do I wake at night with pain. This is the same situation with my GP. While my GP is good at getting me access to all tests and prescribes medication she knows very little about “how my disability affects me” as we have never discussed it.

As this is the case, it seems to me that the medical report means absolutely nothing. Just like if they had called my local newsagent and asked them what they think.

I feel the form was completed honestly and as I used the members guides, comprehensively and with foresight I felt sure I would receive mobility and care.

I intend to appeal.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121340 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA, asked for bank details

LucyLuce wrote: I received a letter on Saturday stating, “You cannot get Disability Living Allowance.
We considered the following information to decide that you cannot get Disability Living Allowance:
Information from your claim form.
A medical report we asked for.

Concerning the medical report I don’t know who they spoke to. I do however know that both my GP and Rheumatologist have never spoken to me regarding my personal care or mobility. The appointments are short and never include “how my disability affects me.”

For example, my visit last week with the rheumatologist involved him asking a nurse to give me two injections in my right hand. We never discussed chopping vegetables, how far I can walk, what level of pain I experience, do I wake at night with pain. This is the same situation with my GP. While my GP is good at getting me access to all tests and prescribes medication she knows very little about “how my disability affects me” as we have never discussed it.

As this is the case, it seems to me that the medical report means absolutely nothing. Just like if they had called my local newsagent and asked them what they think.

I feel the form was completed honestly and as I used the members guides, comprehensively and with foresight I felt sure I would receive mobility and care.

I intend to appeal.

Hi LL,

Sorry to hear that your DLA has not been approved.

If you wish to appeal the decision, you would first have to make a request for a Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR)

This can be done over the phone, but it is advisable to back up any oral request in writing, making it absolutely clear that you are formally requesting an MR.

See :

Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

You could also request copies of the medical reports and any other evidence that were used in coming to the decision by issuing a SAR to The DWP. :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Address the envelope FAO The Data Controller at the office that issued your DLA decision.

Once The DWP have received the SAR they have 40 calendar days to comply, so don't miss your one month deadline for the MR if they haven't arrived.

See :

DLA Medical – What forms to ask for?

If they have contacted your G.P., which you should be able to confirm by contacting your surgery reception, there should be a G.P. Factual Report (GPFR) :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/medical-reports-completion.pdf

There is also a DLA MR/Appeals Guide on this page :

DLA Guides

Good luck , and please keep us updated.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.