× Members

i need to apply for pip ware do i get claims form

• emma senior
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 days ago - 10 years 3 days ago #120613 by emma senior
:S

hello never done this before(forums). I have suffered for 10 years with 12 conditions. mobility and suicidal depression and pain not been ale to walk, dress, write, etc have been of work 6 months. need to apply for pip how do I go about it. have problems reading, writing and understanding. hard to type as fingers cramp up! ware do I get form/application who can help me fill it in?
Last edit: 10 years 3 days ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 days ago #120620 by Gordon
Emma

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Given the problems you list in your post I am going to recommend that you try and get somebody to help you with your claim, it sounds like you need somebody who can sit down with you and help you to complete the form. Do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county, you can also have a look at the websites for the organisations that are concerned with your conditions.

If you have been off work for 6 months I would expect your Statutory Sick Pay to have ended, this being the case you should be eligible to make a claim for Employment Support Allowance, ESA is paid to those who cannot work due to illness or disability, our ESA Claim guides explain more about the process, have a look at the following link.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

You can also make a claim for PIP, PIP is paid to help someone with the additional costs that they may have due to long term sickness or disability. Our PIP Claim guide is on this link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

I am afraid in both cases there is a lot of form filling, which we cannot help you with, but we will do our best to help you with any of the questions you might have during the process, so have a look around and if you have any queries reply to this post.

It might be worth you bookmarking this topic in your browser so you can easily find it again.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.