× Members

E.s.a tribunal

• rosie
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 days ago - 10 years 2 days ago #120680 by rosie
E.s.a tribunal was created by rosie
Hi I need help as I am going to e.s.a tribunal at the end of month and I suffer from back pain due to car knocked me over and right side gave way as I was walking and I scored 0 points at the atos and I got osteoarthritis in my joints this is my 3 time that I am going every time it gets adjourned I have difficult in walking I sometimes think it is my colour that is the the problem please help
Last edit: 10 years 2 days ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 2 days ago - 10 years 2 days ago #120681 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic E.s.a tribunal

rosie wrote: Hi I need help as I am going to e.s.a tribunal at the end of month and I suffer from back pain due to car knocked me over and right side gave way as I was walking and I scored 0 points at the atos and I got osteoarthritis in my joints this is my 3 time that I am going every time it gets adjourned I have difficult in walking I sometimes think it is my colour that is the the problem please help

Hi r,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

I am sorry to hear of the adjournments to your appeal hearings.

This is not that unusual, especially if the tribunal have to obtain more medical evidence.

However, if you feel that there were not sufficient grounds to adjourn the previous two hearings, you can complain :

Complaining to the Tribunal Service

If this is to be be your first appeal hearing, you may wish to have a look at the video below to give you some idea of how things should be :

MOJ Video of ESA Appeals Process and Tribunal

See also :

Preparing for a Tribunal

&

DRUK Factsheet - Appeals Hearings and How to Prepare for them.

Although it is rather late in the day, you can try and obtain professional advice :

Where to get advice

If you are trying to qualify for ESA under the "Mobilising" Activity/Descriptor, not only must you show that you cannot "walk" the requisite distance, you must also show that you could not manually propel a wheelchair unaided for said distance.

This is even if you have never owned or used a manual wheelchair.

I explained this to another member yesterday : Here and Here.

As I advised then, The ESA "Mobilising" Activity is explained in our :

"Employment and Support Allowance claims on physical health grounds: a guide to the work capability assessment."

3rd link down this page :

ESA Claims Guides

To qualify for The WRAG of ESA you must score at least 15 points cumulatively across all or any of the WRAG Descriptors, see :

Qualifying for the WRAG

&

WRAG (LCW)Schedule 2 Descriptors

To qualify for The SG, you must fulfill at least one (any one) of The SG Descriptors :

Qualifying for the Support Group

&

SG (LCWRA)Schedule 3 Descriptors

Of course, you may qualify under descriptors other than the "Mobilising" one.

I hope that this helps.

Please reply to this topic if you have further queries.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 2 days ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.