× Members

I had medical today help

More
10 years 2 days ago - 10 years 2 days ago #120697 by Markov
I had medical today help was created by Markov
Hi everyone just wanted to ask some advice please. I had my esa medical today and took my mum with me. The nurse who conducted my medical seemed quite grumpy and as if she didnt believe what I was saying. I said when asked about my care that my mother gives me all my medication and is with me wherever I go and that I sometimes am not aware of all dangers. There was alot I felt she didnt ask me and I forgot alot of things myself. Should I request a copy of the medical can I do that
Last edit: 10 years 2 days ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 2 days ago #120698 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic I had medical today help

Mark Scott wrote: Hi everyone just wanted to ask some advice please. I had my esa medical today and took my mum with me. The nurse who conducted my medical seemed quite grumpy and as if she didnt believe what I was saying. I said when asked about my care that my mother gives me all my medication and is with me wherever I go and that I sometimes am not aware of all dangers. There was alot I felt she didnt ask me and I forgot alot of things myself. Should I request a copy of the medical can I do that

Hi MS,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

The ESA85 Medical Report compiled by The ATOS HCP at the ESA "medical" will now be sent electronically to The DWP ESA Decision Maker. (DM)

The DM will then refer to The ESA85, your ESA50, and any other evidence that they have access to in making a decision on your entitlement to ESA.

It is unlikely that you would be able to request copies of the ESA85 and other documentation used until after The DM has made their decision. (Although you could try)

You can issue a Subject Access Request (SAR) to The DWP, they then have 40 days from receipt of the SAR to comply.

See :

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

&

ESA Forms

See also :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your ESA.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

As I have advised, you may have trouble obtaining the documents until after the DM has made the decision, and you have been informed.

bro58

• bro58
10 years 2 days ago #120699 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic I had medical today help
Hi,

I have just noticed that you forum name may also be your real name.

If this is the case, you may want to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions in this FAQ:

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.