× Members

PIP wait

• Sandra Morgan-Edwards
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120805 by Sandra Morgan-Edwards
PIP wait was created by Sandra Morgan-Edwards
Hello,
I claimed for PIP on the 4th July 2013. I called the DWP in December, after such a long time of hearing absolutely nothing.
They advised me to ring ATOS. ATOS advised that because of where I lived, they had a shortage of qualified professionals who could assess me in my home.
Then in February, I called again, to be told that I would be on a waiting list. In March, I received a call telling me that my assessment would be on the 15th April '14. The person who carried out the assessment was a qualified nurse and it took just over two hours.
I was told to call the DWP within about two weeks, to allow time for the report to be generated. I called last week and spoke to a young man with attitude. I called again today and was told to call ATOS directly as it has now been three weeks with no hint of a report being forthcoming.
The lady from ATOS apologised for the delay and said that the report had not yet been typed up and because it ''may be subject to an audit'' there may be further delays.
I have no clue where I stand or how long it will take, other than to confirm that once the DWP have their hands on the report, it can take them anything from two to six weeks to make a decision. By then, it will be a year since my claim.
Nothing about this has been easy. I am fortunate to have had a friend compile the claim (over 90 pages), but despite going through treatment for cancer and my husband leaving, on top of everything else in my ''complex clinical history'', there is no respite and I feel utterly mortified and not a little humiliated.
I cannot understand how or why I have been left on the sidelines for so long, nor if there is one thing I can do about it. I have been told by both the DWP and ATOS that I will just have to wait.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #120817 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP wait
Hi and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, you might find this FAQ helps you find your way around. I have given your post a topic of its own to save confusion.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be your username. If you wish to change this, in order to maintain a degree of anonymity, you can do so easily by following the advice in this FAQ.

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I'm afraid that claimants are expoeriencing very long delays for decisions on both PIP and ESa claims, your case is not unusual :( ATOS/Capita are under no time constraints, they can take as long as they like and there is little that can be done about it. My only suggestion is that you contact your MP, even if s/he cannot help, at least s/he would become aware of the way that claimants are being treated by the system.

Contacting your MP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago #120987 by mr devon
Replied by mr devon on topic PIP wait
hi,
not that it`s any help, i also submitted my pip claim in july 2013, to date i still have not been given even a medical appointment, i have rang many times to pip and atos but just get no were

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.