× Members

New PDF forms for ESA (04/2014)

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120853 by Sasha
New PDF forms for ESA (04/2014) was created by Sasha
I have just downloaded the new PDF ESA forms which are dated 04/2014. I've noticed that they are slightly different from previous PDF versions. One difference is that the instructions (page 1) now state that that the forms must be completed in CAPITALS. Am I sensible to assume that this rule only applies to people who are completing the forms by hand and not to those of us who are filling them in on the computer? Typed capitals are much harder to read than normal print so it would seem ridiculous to type in capitals.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120856 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New PDF forms for ESA (04/2014)

Pippa wrote: I have just downloaded the new PDF ESA forms which are dated 04/2014. I've noticed that they are slightly different from previous PDF versions. One difference is that the instructions (page 1) now state that that the forms must be completed in CAPITALS. Am I sensible to assume that this rule only applies to people who are completing the forms by hand and not to those of us who are filling them in on the computer? Typed capitals are much harder to read than normal print so it would seem ridiculous to type in capitals.

I can't see any reason to use capitals when typing in to the form, I am sure that the request is ensure that the content is legible.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW, Sasha

More
9 years 11 months ago #120860 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic New PDF forms for ESA (04/2014)
Thanks for the alert, Pippa! :) Another new form. More copy/paste. Every time, it's taken several days to move my answers from one PDF to another. Please, Gordon, would you clarify what is going on. Need everything be reformatted in upper case?

MW

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120861 by
Replied by on topic New PDF forms for ESA (04/2014)
Hi,

I agree with Gordon.

To fully clarify this issue, you may want to contact The Helpdesk.

Contact details are on the front cover (1st page) of The PDF ESA50, as below :

"Please contact the eService helpdesk. Phone: 0845 601 80 40

Minicom (textphone): 0845 601 80 39

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. "

bro58

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120862 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New PDF forms for ESA (04/2014)
Mari

I don't see the requirement to use capitals when typing into the form but there are fonts that use capitals to create a faux normal looking output.

A N E XAMPLE

You will need to check what you have installed on your system to see whether you can do this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120863 by crad2@hotmail.com
Replied by crad2@hotmail.com on topic New PDF forms for ESA (04/2014)
Is there a link to download these new forms please?
Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.