More
9 years 11 months ago #120899 by roger55
Replied by roger55 on topic esa payments
Hi Gordon this is part of letter from HMRC
PAYE CODING NOTICE 2014-2015
Personal allowance £10000
Other earnings(my largest pension) -£4747
A tax free amount of £5253

We turn £5253 into tax code of 525L DWP ESA will use this code when they pay you we tell DWP your tax code but not how it is worked out.

On my small pensions I am deducted 20% tax at source
I hope you can make some sense of this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120903 by roger55
Thanks Izzy

I understand what you write but my tax code is separated by HMRC and precisely what I get from Esa DWP is taken out of tax allowance the exact amount, rest of tax allowance goes to my occ pension the other 2 pensions are taxed at source help
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 11 months ago #120907 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa payments

roger55 wrote: Thanks Izzy

I understand what you write but my tax code is separated by HMRC and precisely what I get from Esa DWP is taken out of tax allowance the exact amount, rest of tax allowance goes to my occ pension the other 2 pensions are taxed at source help

You need to get face to face advice from a trained financial advisor, all of your pensions and your ESA(CB) should be included in your taxable income, from your post this is not the case.

The DWP do not deduct tax from any benefit payments, it is the responsibility of the claimant to sort this out with HMRC directly

I am afraid that we cannot provide any more advice in regard to your Tax affairs on the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago #120909 by roger55
Thank you Gordon

I have applied to CAB two weeks ago awaiting an appointment
thought some others may have had a similar expierence

Thank you again

More
9 years 11 months ago #120910 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa payments
Roger

As an example not intended to reflect your actual circumstances.

If you have two pensions, one of £5000/year and the other of £1000/year and your ESA(CB) pays £5000/year.

Then your taxable income is £11,000 (£5000 + £1000 + £5000)

minus a personal allowance of £10,000/year

Leaving £1000 (£11,000 - £10,000) actually liable to tax.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.