× Members

son to change from DLA to PIP

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120898 by ROSIE75
son to change from DLA to PIP was created by ROSIE75
Hello all, I just wanted to ask a couple of questions regarding my son, who currently gets DLA but will be changing over to pip when he is 16 in September.

Firstly, just like ESA, pip seems to be complicated. My son was awarded DLA about 18 months ago until March 2015. We have just received a letter from the DWP saying that as soon as my son is 16 he will have to claim pip. What I want to know is will my son still be entitled to the DLA until March next year, as that was when he was awarded it until? Does it just mean that he'll still get the payments until March (when his next review is) but that instead of being on DLA he'll be on pip?

Next, my son will still be at school when his next review is due, would he still have to have a face-to-face interview even though it will mean him having to take time out of school to have it? Also, my son is registered as severely sight impaired, is there a chance that he may not have to have one of these interviews in the first place or is there any other help/advice you can give me regarding his disability? Thanks, any help would be most appreciated as this whole procedure is so frustrating.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #120912 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic son to change from DLA to PIP
Rosie

Yours sons DLA should be extended and remain in payment until four weeks after a Decision in made on his PIP claim, assuming he/you fulfil the obligations in making such a claim.

We expect the vast majority of claimants to have a face to face assessment when they are moved to PIP, his still being in school will not exempt him from this. His sight problems may help him to score points against many of the PIP Descriptors but may still not result in sufficient for an award, so I think it very unlikely that this will excuse him either.

Please have a look at our PIP Claim guide for more details about the benefit and how claimants are assessed.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ROSIE75

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.