× Members

PIP assessment

• Jhicky
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120920 by Jhicky
PIP assessment was created by Jhicky
Hi my daughter had her pip capita home assessment today and I felt it went well the assessor was a mental health nurse which wasn't relevant to my daughters needs as she has cerebral palsy. I gave the nurse a diary of a typical day which he said was most helpful and used it to go through the questions. I also gave him a copy of a report I had recently received from a physio which again he said he would take away and read. I never felt that he was trying to catch us out but just wanted to get an idea of what life was like for my daughter. He chose not to examine her as he felt it wasn't needed. He also went through each descriptor and discussed the best option which I agreed with everything he put down.

I have to be honest and say it was easier to talk about her problems compared to writing it down as while talking things came up that I hadn't thought of or mentioned in the form but the nurse said was relevant.

The nurse upon leaving said he would do report and get sent off straight away as was aware of delays and frustrating it is to wait for an answer. So fingers crossed hopefully this should reassure people that it isn't all bad just treat it as a discussion and tell them everything.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #120921 by
Replied by on topic PIP assessment

Jhicky wrote: Hi my daughter had her pip capita home assessment today and I felt it went well the assessor was a mental health nurse which wasn't relevant to my daughters needs as she has cerebral palsy. I gave the nurse a diary of a typical day which he said was most helpful and used it to go through the questions. I also gave him a copy of a report I had recently received from a physio which again he said he would take away and read. I never felt that he was trying to catch us out but just wanted to get an idea of what life was like for my daughter. He chose not to examine her as he felt it wasn't needed. He also went through each descriptor and discussed the best option which I agreed with everything he put down.

I have to be honest and say it was easier to talk about her problems compared to writing it down as while talking things came up that I hadn't thought of or mentioned in the form but the nurse said was relevant.

The nurse upon leaving said he would do report and get sent off straight away as was aware of delays and frustrating it is to wait for an answer. So fingers crossed hopefully this should reassure people that it isn't all bad just treat it as a discussion and tell them everything.

Hi Jh,

Thanks for taking the time to relate your experiences of your daughter's PIP assessment.

I hope that she is successful !! :)

Please do update us when you hear.

bro58

• Jhicky
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago #120923 by Jhicky
Replied by Jhicky on topic PIP assessment
If you all haven't done so do a diary of at least a typical day the assessor told me that they are so useful for when they write the report.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.