× Members

ESA ASSESSMENT DATE HAS COME

• bottleofbest
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120937 by bottleofbest
ESA ASSESSMENT DATE HAS COME was created by bottleofbest
Just had my Atos assessment date come through the post, which has now been rescheduled to a later date as I have asked for the assessment to be recorded. They're not writing some fictional report on me. I am doing everything I can to cover my backs. They also wanted me to attend an appointment not on the ground floor, so I have to go even further away for my assessment to somewhere which does have assessments on a ground floor. So I am waiting for a new date letter.

I am relieved that it is here to be honest. From what I gather 5 months is pretty quick to get an assessment.

How long does a new date take roughly? Are we talking a week or more?

Will I need someone to look after my one year old or will he be allowed to go in the room? My wife is driving me there as I can't get there alone and she wants to be in the assessment room with me for support and to assist with answering questions. If he can't, I will get a friend to come with us and watch him in the waiting room.

Thanks in advance
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #120939 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA ASSESSMENT DATE HAS COME
bottleofbest

A new appointment will depend on how busy the new assessment centre is, so I am afraid it could be days or it could be weeks.

In principle you should be able to take your child into the assessment, however, if for any reason it becomes disruptive i.e. crying, then the assessor can ask for it to be removed which would of course mean that your wife would have to leave the room, so I think the simplest answer is not to bring him in and to be honest, given the limited facilities in the waiting rooms and that we regularly hear of claimants waiting an hour or more, not to bring him at all if you can get someone to look after him at home while you are out.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bottleofbest
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago #120944 by bottleofbest
Replied by bottleofbest on topic ESA ASSESSMENT DATE HAS COME

Gordon wrote: bottleofbest

A new appointment will depend on how busy the new assessment centre is, so I am afraid it could be days or it could be weeks.

In principle you should be able to take your child into the assessment, however, if for any reason it becomes disruptive i.e. crying, then the assessor can ask for it to be removed which would of course mean that your wife would have to leave the room, so I think the simplest answer is not to bring him in and to be honest, given the limited facilities in the waiting rooms and that we regularly hear of claimants waiting an hour or more, not to bring him at all if you can get someone to look after him at home while you are out.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon, much appreciated. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.