× Members

ESA50 Form

• john m
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120962 by john m
ESA50 Form was created by john m
I hae een on the ESA not capable for work group for about 2 years. I just received the ESA50 which has totally thrown me. I wanted to ask, I know you cant help me, but you have forms that i can look at, and would like to know the how the points system works.

Thank you
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #120967 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 Form

john m wrote: I hae een on the ESA not capable for work group for about 2 years. I just received the ESA50 which has totally thrown me. I wanted to ask, I know you cant help me, but you have forms that i can look at, and would like to know the how the points system works.

Thank you

You should have a look at our ESA Claim guides

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

You need to score a total of 15 points or more across the 17 questions on the form or meet the Exceptional Circumstances Regulation for the WRAG.

For the Support Group, you need to meet one or more of the SG Descriptors or meet the Exceptional Circumstances Regulation for the SG.

All of this is explained in more detail in the guides, however, if you have more questions then please come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• john m
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120971 by john m
Replied by john m on topic ESA50 Form
What is the scoring system. So far I have qualified, but have no idea why. What are the descriptors.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120974 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 Form

john m wrote: What is the scoring system. So far I have qualified, but have no idea why. What are the descriptors.

The Descriptors relate to the questions on the ESA50, this is explained in more detail in the guides I linked to in my previous post.

You may be able to find out why your previously qualified for ESA by requesting your ESA85 if you had a face to face assessment and ESA85A if you did not, however, if the assessment was two years ago, it may no longer available and even if it is it may be in offsite storage and not retrievable within the four weeks you have to complete the ESA50. You can make the request over the phone to the DWP office that deals with your ESA claim, we recommend following up the request in writing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: john m

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.