× Members

Esa Manditory Reconsideration

• Dawn
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120988 by Dawn
Esa Manditory Reconsideration was created by Dawn
I was just wondering how long people have been waiting for their Manditory Reconsideration to be completed. I returned my request, with additional supporting medical evidence by the 8th May 2014, to an address in Wigan.

If it's going to take longer than a month, then I will have to try for JSA. But with an Rsi condition, being unable to write, type, sit for long periods, lift, carry, drive for any distance etc. I 'm thinking I won't qualify for this either.

Also if you are found Fit For Work, will we be able to get the disability portion of working tax credit my husband will be applying for.

Thanks for any help,

Dawn
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #120991 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa Manditory Reconsideration
Dawn

Although there is no formal timescale for an MR to be completed in the DWP are working to a two week target, however, based on our experience on the forum we think this is wildly optimistic and four weeks is a more realistic time, that said we have had someone of the forum who has been waiting nearly six months.

You should be able to claim JSA while you wait providing that you do not have a new Fit Note, although you should be able to negotiate a minimal Job Seeking agreement you will still be held to it with the threat of sanction if you do not.

We don't deal with Tax Credits on the forum and the guidance is confusing so I am going to recommend that you get face to face advice on it. ESA is a qualifying benefit but technically at the moment, you are not receiving it and will not be until you are allowed to make an appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.