× Members

ESA Application for Reassessment

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121038 by ChrisD
ESA Application for Reassessment was created by ChrisD
Hello, is anyone able to explain to me please why, having requested ESA on National Stamp Contributions, now my boyfriend has moved in they want all his financial details as well although I stressed that I don't want to include him in my claim.

I don't want his monies to be used in my claim just in case the relationship doesn't work out and he moves out. I have always worked; the last 13 years as a full time secretary. I have been off work for 10 months and the SSP ran out end of March and ESA was applied for then.

As with many folk, discussing matters on the phone is very difficult as I get confused and stressed and them I just shut down as I can't cope. My question is should I be filling in this Form with my boyfriends details or be insisting that its just done on my contributions.

Kind regards Chris
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121046 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Application for Reassessment
CD

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I am afraid there is not sufficient information in your post to give you a definitive answer.

You say you have made a claim for ESA(CB), have the DWP accepted that you are eligible? If it has then there should be no need for your partners information as they will not be part of your claim, there is no choice regarding this.

If you are not eligible for ESA(CB) then you claim will be processed as an ESA(IR) one, as you are now living with your boyfriend this would have to be processed as a couples claim.

Is the form an ESA1 or an ESA3, if the former, then this is the ESA claim form, you can indicate at the top of the form that you want to claim ESA(CB) in which case you do not need to provide anything other basic information about your boyfriend. If it is an ESA3 then this would suggest that the DWP are looking at paying ESA(IR) either in part or in whole, in which case your boyfriends information is relevant.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.