× Members

PIP F2F

• copd
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #121083 by copd
PIP F2F was created by copd
Hi, Quick question, applied for pip in October 2013, had F2F 2nd December, heard nothing until I rang Capita three weeks ago to inquire about my claim. I received a letter inviting me to a second F2F, when I asked Capita to send me a letter explaining the reasons for the 2nd assessment they refused. I believe that they have lost/mislaid my original report, I have explained that I have no further information to add to the claim but they are insistent on a second F2F! So my question is; has anyone else had this happen and can they refuse to explain the reasons for the 2nd assessment?
Regards
COPD
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #121089 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP F2F

copd wrote: Hi, Quick question, applied for pip in October 2013, had F2F 2nd December, heard nothing until I rang Capita three weeks ago to inquire about my claim. I received a letter inviting me to a second F2F, when I asked Capita to send me a letter explaining the reasons for the 2nd assessment they refused. I believe that they have lost/mislaid my original report, I have explained that I have no further information to add to the claim but they are insistent on a second F2F! So my question is; has anyone else had this happen and can they refuse to explain the reasons for the 2nd assessment?
Regards
COPD

I think that there are actually two issues here and that you need to separate them.

First, there is your claim, which will not progress until Capita submit a medical report to the DWP, the first may have been lost, it may have been class as sub-standard, whatever the reason (see below), it is not to your advantage to delay a second appointment.

As to the first report, I would start with a complaint to Capita

www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

you might also want to involve your MP

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• copd
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 week ago #121090 by copd
Replied by copd on topic PIP F2F
Hi Gordon,
Sorry but I failed to mention that I have already contacted my MP and made a complaint to Capita. Just wondered if anyone else had been in this situation? and whether Capita are correct in refusing to provide reasons for 2nd F2F?

Regards

COPD

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #121102 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic PIP F2F
This has happened to more than one of my clients and the reason given was that they were not happy with the first assessment report, for whatever reason, after audit. I have heard that the DWP were not happy with the amount of people being reccommended to recieve PIPs as it was more than they had anticipated.

I do not know if they a legally obliged to give an explantion but certainly it seems like a reasonable request and good grounds for a complaint. But as Gordon says it is in your best interests to cooperate with second assessment.
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Puccalove.

• copd
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 week ago #121105 by copd
Replied by copd on topic PIP F2F
Hi,
Cheers for the quick response, I will co-operate with the assessment, I am annoyed as this has only come to light since I asked for an update on my claim!
I feel that they (capita/Atos) are not completing some of these assessments until we inquire about our claims.

More
10 years 1 week ago #121109 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic PIP F2F
It is possible that they are prioritising claimants that 'make a fuss'. However I have also had clients who were told if they phoned up again their claim would be ended (although I believe, or at least hope, this was an empty threat). It seems you are damned if you do damned if you don't.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.