× Members

esa work group ends in 2 weeks, need advice please

• carolewithanE
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121084 by carolewithanE
Hi, my entitlement to ESA CB ends in 2 weeks, in the the work related group having lost my appeal for support group.
I'm 60 yr woman currently going through tests with GP because he & I believe I have Fybromyalgia I think I've had this for quite a few yrs but just thought I had many but unconnected health problems.
I've never had a medical just a letter informing me what group etc I would be in.
When my ESA stops I will have no income, I'm separated from my husband & live with my son who has mental health problems & gets ESA also in work group.
I wrote to benefit office explaining my situation, no response so rang them, they claim they did not receive my letter, so end of ESA even closer with now.
I'm being sent a claim form for IR ESA, my health is worse than when first assessed & now I do know there's a 'name' for what I'm suffering from although as I said earlier I'm still having tests to rule everything else out, I know Fibro is difficult to diagnose & I'm worried if I can use that condition on my claim form without having final diagnosis. I also think that it was my own fault, through ignorance that my last claim form got me placed in work group when anyone would see I'm not well enough for work.
Sorry if this is a bit rambling, I'm confused & need best advice so I can get assessed properly & get the benefit I'm surely entitled to.
Thanks in advance for any help or advice
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Puccalove.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121095 by Puccalove
Informing them that your health has deteriorated should result in a reassessment which may result in being placed in the Support Group. Or at the very least it will give you another decision to appeal. You can put on the form that you have 'suspected' fibromyalgia and send evidence of tests etc...

It is strange that you have not had a medical assessment. It is a little suspect that the tribunal found you did not meet the criteria for SG without one. If you have to appeal again and still have not had a medical I would raise this at the tribunal as they can advice you are sent for one.

You should decide what criteria of the SG you consider you meet and make this explicit in any forms/ letters. You can find a list of criteria in the guides. The most potentially relevant one in reference to fibro would be mobilising.

I would reccommend sending documents recorded delivery.

Being placed in the SG will be to your benefit whether or not you are on CB or IR ESA. But obviously do fill in the IR form as if you were entitled you would continue to receive payments regardless of whether your SG eligibility is accepted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.