× Members

confused ESA re assesment ATOS

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121091 by newbie27
confused ESA re assesment ATOS was created by newbie27
HI
i have been in the support group for two years now and my re assessment in now due? but I've not heard anything??
is this because ATOS no longer operates? so what happens now
will i get the dreaded envelope??
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121097 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic confused ESA re assesment ATOS

newbie27 wrote: HI
i have been in the support group for two years now and my re assessment in now due? but I've not heard anything??
is this because ATOS no longer operates? so what happens now
will i get the dreaded envelope??

Most re-assessments for ESA have been temporarily suspended so it is not surprising that you have not received a new ESA50, however, it is worth giving ATOS a call just to confirm that one has not been issued and lost in the post.

Contact ATOS

Phone: 0800 2888 777 or 0113 230 9175

Email: customer-relations @ atoshealthcare.com (remove the space around the @)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121129 by newbie27
Replied by newbie27 on topic confused ESA re assesment ATOS
hi gordon

i may have slightly confused things

dated my 2012
the esa85a letter says..

i advise the clients meets support group as they have server functional disability

PROGNOSIS
i advise that a return to work is unlikely for at least 2 years....

it goes n to say..that the client is unlikely to return to work in the longer term

there says nothing about re assessment only above. so do i just leave and ignore? as if i call them and email them it may trigger something for them to do a re assessment ??
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121135 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic confused ESA re assesment ATOS
Calling to enquire as to when you are due for reassessment should not trigger a reassessment

However not returning a form that might have got lost in the post may well result in your benfits being stopped.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121136 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic confused ESA re assesment ATOS
newbie27

ESA is an indefinite award with regular re-assessment, your current award will continue until a new Decision changes it, so not being re-assessed will not make a difference, however, it is still worth checking that a new ESA50 has not been sent, as a failure to return it can lead to your claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.