× Members

Income Based ESA Amounts

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121108 by Meconopsis
Income Based ESA Amounts was created by Meconopsis
I'm in the WRAG and my claim for contribution based ESA ended on the 30th April, I've claimed income based ESA but I haven't had the first payment yet. As I'm guessing that income based ESA is less than contribution based, does anyone know how much it actually is? Or perhaps it varies between individual claimants? Sorry if this is answered somewhere else on the site I had a look but couldn't find it.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Puccalove.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121115 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Income Based ESA Amounts
No, the amount is not less and you may be entitled to certain premiums.

Please see the link below;

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claim...aq/general-faq#Gen30

More
9 years 11 months ago #121342 by Meconopsis
Replied by Meconopsis on topic Income Based ESA Amounts
Thanks for the link :) It looks as though I will get approx £5 less than I did on contribution based ESA.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121346 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Income Based ESA Amounts

Meconopsis wrote: Thanks for the link :) It looks as though I will get approx £5 less than I did on contribution based ESA.

I would be very surprised if that were the case as IR benefits are usually at least as much as contributory and often more. In addition, IR benefits also 'passport' the claimant to other things (such as free prescriptions).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian

More
9 years 10 months ago #121863 by Meconopsis
Replied by Meconopsis on topic Income Based ESA Amounts
Unfortunately I'm going to be £7 worse off per week. I live with family so I can't claim anything else and my illness already entitles me to free prescriptions, though this doesn't do me much good as the NHS refuse to prescribe what I need so I have to buy it myself :(

More
9 years 10 months ago #121864 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Income Based ESA Amounts
I am sorry to hear that :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.