× Members

pip substantial risk

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121128 by gazzmg
pip substantial risk was created by gazzmg
hello all

to fit the points for the substantial risk, does this mean if your a substantial risk to others due to your mental health condtion to get 8 points for pip. if you have ever injured anyone before and you are substantial risk to others will you be awarded 8 points for this part of pip

a. Can engage with other people unaided. 0 points.
b. Needs prompting to be able to engage with other people. 2 points.
c. Needs social support to be able to engage with other people. 4 points.
d. Cannot engage with other people due to such engagement causing either –
(i) overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant; or
(ii) the claimant to exhibit behaviour which would result in a substantial risk of harm to the claimant or another person. 8 points.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121134 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip substantial risk
gazzmg

Just to make sure you are aware, you don't have to score 8 points in one Descriptor to be awarded the Standard rate of PIP Care, it is the total number of points across all the Care Descriptors that counts.

There is no clear definition of what constitutes substantial risk means, the fact that a claimant has injured someone previously will help, but I doubt that it will be sufficient on its own. For example, if the circumstances were not documented then it will significantly lesson the weight given to the statement, also, this is a review of your health as it is now, so it is not enough to document how you were, you also need to show that there is still a substantial risk and this will ideally need to be supported by some form of medical evidence.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121141 by gazzmg
Replied by gazzmg on topic pip substantial risk
Thanks Gordon

i take my medication intermitantly so am putting others at risk which makes my symptoms worse
professionals have said if i dont take my medication properly i am substantial risk to others due to my mental health. I have a report from a psychiatrist that was done for crown court saying at the time of the offence i fitted the criteria for Mcnaughton Insanity

Do you think this report will carry any weight for pip

Regards

gazzmg
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121144 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip substantial risk

gazzmg wrote: Thanks Gordon

i take my medication intermitantly so am putting others at risk which makes my symptoms worse
professionals have said if i dont take my medication properly i am substantial risk to others due to my mental health. I have a report from a psychiatrist that was done for crown court saying at the time of the offence i fitted the criteria for Mcnaughton Insanity

Do you think this report will carry any weight for pip

Regards

gazzmg

I'm not really familiar with this area, but having done a quick internet search, such a statement should carry considerable weight, although this assumes that the assessor will be familiar with and of course, the DWP Decision Maker is not medically trained, so it may be worth including some reference information, I would recommend a short but complete explanation and references to further reading.

Also, if your conditions can be held in check by medication, you also need to explain why you only take it intermittently and why there is nothing that can be done to improve the regularity.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #152963 by gazzmg
what does it mean by exhibit behaviour

i have angry outburst daily due to my mental health and i get agressive towards my family members but i am being discharged from my cmht for non compliance of not attending apointments due to my severe agoraphobia they dont know about this agressive behaviour but have on record that i attacked my father with a weapon,

i have voices telling me all sorts of things such as self harming but i only carried this out years ago when i cut my nose on a regular basis

would this be enough to show i get 8 points for this descriptor

More
8 years 1 month ago #152964 by gazzmg
hello

i also fell ill on medication i was taking and they have put me straight back on the medication i fell ill on this was in march 2015, the medication does not work fully i still have symptoms on the medication

would this also apply to overwhelming psychological distress 8 points for pip

thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.