× Members

esa50 assessment

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121160 by powlie
esa50 assessment was created by powlie
I am in the process of completing my assesment, i am concerned about my answer to the availability in the next 3 months part of the form,as my son has paid for a holiday for my partner and i in june for 10 days.
Would this be classed as a negative as far as my claim is concerned.
Thanks in anticipation.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121161 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa50 assessment
W

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

To try and answer your question, yes it can, the crucial thing is not to assume that it cannot and to deal with the issue head on.

The assessor and the DWP Decision Maker will make assumptions as to your capabilities on the basis of your going away, you don't say where and how you are going but the following may help you;

If you are going abroad and will be flying, they may assume you can walk more than 200m in order to get around the airport and on to the plane, that you can sit for more than hour, that you do not have severe Social Phobia because you are able to mix with the people on the plane.

Even if you are holidaying in the UK, they will assume similar things, sitting in a car or train for long periods, walking around e.g. sightseeing.

There are undoubtedly more examples. So your choice is to explain how you will manage now and hopefully prevent an adverse Decision, or leave it until after and play catch up with the DWP if they find against you.

It may sound unfair, but these are valid questions for them to ask.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago #121163 by DaPa
Replied by DaPa on topic esa50 assessment
This is my view on this matter:

You state you are due to send it back (no date given) but for instance if it was to be returned by 30th May 2013 and you say your going away in June for 10 days (no date given).

My theory is that they would not of even looked at the ESA50 by the time you return given the current backlog they have.

These are just my views on it.

CB
The following user(s) said Thank You: powlie

More
9 years 11 months ago #121165 by DaPa
Replied by DaPa on topic esa50 assessment

Charlie Brown wrote: This is my view on this matter:

You state you are due to send it back (no date given) but for instance if it was to be returned by 30th May 2013 and you say your going away in June for 10 days (no date given).

My theory is that they would not of even looked at the ESA50 by the time you return given the current backlog they have.

These are just my views on it.

CB

Date should read 30th May 2014*

More
9 years 11 months ago #121169 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic esa50 assessment
You could always call Atos when you're away, and ask them if they have an appointment for you yet, and if they have, and it's not convenient you can always request that they change it, though you are only allowed one change. ;)

You might also request that the assessment is recorded, that generally leads to delays on their part.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.