× Members

PIP still waiting after 12 months.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121194 by RoJo
Good evening.

I wondered if anyone could offer any advice regarding my PIP claim?

For five years I successfully claimed DLA Care and Mobility (I have a non malignant brain tumour, Chronic PTSD, Agoraphobia, Depression, Sciatia and Meralgia Paresthetica) and after my reclaim form for DLA arrived 2 days late in May 2013 I was informed that this meant that my DLA claim was being considered for PIP instead.

Seven months later in December 2013 I received a letter from Atos informing me of an appointment for a medical assessment which was for Christmas Eve 2013 at 8.30 am. As I often feel unwell in the morning due to my illnesses I telephoned Atos to rearrange the appointment for one later in the day. Atos said that it wouldn't be a problem and that I would receive a letter in the post shortly after Christmas with a new appointment date.

In February 2014 I received a letter from the DWP asking why I had not attended my Atos assessment in November 2013. Not December 24th as my letter from Atos stated. I wrote back to the DWP pointing out their error and included a copy of the Atos letter.

Six more months have lapsed since I spoke to Atos to rearrange my assessment date; three months since I wrote back to the DWP and 12 months since my reapplication for DLA was sent to the DWP. I haven't heard anything more. Fortunately I always send letters recorded delivery so it can't be said that they didn't receive them, but I don't understand why this is taking so long. Is Atos no longer going the assessments? What makes it worse is that since May 2013 my DLA was stopped until a decision was made for PIP.

No wonder people just give up.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121198 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic PIP still waiting after 12 months.
What you state is not surprising as the DWP are miles behind with PIP claims.

Why on earth Atos is still carrying out DLA/PIP assessments when they pulled out of their contract prematurely for ESA WCA's due to staff shortages is beyond me !!

See : PIP assessments: Reports mount of long waits, as government admits delays

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law). Reason: Added information after forum locked
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoJo

More
9 years 11 months ago #121202 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP still waiting after 12 months.
RoJo

I am afraid the only thing you can do is to chase both agencies.

I would start by contacting the DWP, although you replied to the letter regarding the "missed" appointment, it strikes me from you post, that the matter may still be unresolved, so you need to confirm that you claim is still active.

Assuming that it is then you should contact ATOS again in regard to a new appointment, there are long queues for assessments, but chasing ATOS on a regular basis is probably the only way to speed up the process as you might luck into a cancelled appointment or a new assessor coming on line.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoJo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.