× Members

Do ATOS (or Jobcentre) use a "Unavailable" number

More
9 years 11 months ago #121216 by Benson
I keep getting someone call every day from an "Unavailable" number, they never leave a message. I never answer them as that usually means overseas which usually means cold callers. But I just wondered, would ATOS or the Job Centre use this ? As I am 11 months in waiting for my verdict from ATOS or the Jobcentre after sending my ESA50 back, so I wondered if it might be them ? I am still reluctant to pick it up though. If they never show up as "Unavailable" on the phone display then I at least know it is definitely a cold caller.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121219 by Gordon

Benson wrote: I keep getting someone call every day from an "Unavailable" number, they never leave a message. I never answer them as that usually means overseas which usually means cold callers. But I just wondered, would ATOS or the Job Centre use this ? As I am 11 months in waiting for my verdict from ATOS or the Jobcentre after sending my ESA50 back, so I wondered if it might be them ? I am still reluctant to pick it up though. If they never show up as "Unavailable" on the phone display then I at least know it is definitely a cold caller.

I am not sure whether this would show up differently but I would expect the DWP to withhold a number rather than it being unavailable, although I don't think that they even need to do this, as they normally show up as just the office number, rather than an individuals extension.

Also, neither the DWP nor ATOS seem to have much patience when ringing claimant, two or three calls seem to be their limit and then they will write to the claimant.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.