× Members

Supporting Information

• K8
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago #121225 by K8
Supporting Information was created by K8
I have just submitted my PIP form but because I have recently moved from one end of the country to the other I don't think they will get a lot of supporting evidence from doctors. They may get the basics as per my medical notes but I haven;t seen a new doctor yet apart from to get my repeat prescription reissued. I'm a bit concerned about how this will affect my claim. Also, I gave up seeing the doctor quite a while ago because I got so fed up every time I went and got told they can't do anything to help. I decided to save myself the stress and not bother at all. I guess now this might have been a bad idea as it will seem that my condition doesn't affect me as much as it actually does. I did write this on the form and I included a weeks diary to try and demonstrate how it affects me. I am not sure they are going to use this in my assessment because DWP sent it back separately to the letter I received from ATOS saying they had received my form.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121228 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Supporting Information
K8

I am afraid that a lot of claimants are "parked" by the NHS because there is little that they can do other than provide on-going medication. All I can suggest is to have a look through your medical records to see if there are useful report from when your conditions were being investigated that you can use as part of your claim, you will need to show that it is reasonable to assume that your conditions would not have improved and that you could not adapt to them in the interim.

Obviously, having just moved practice, this may be a problem as it can take some time for your records to be available at the new practice, but with PIP assessments still taking some considerable time to arrange there may still be time.

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: K8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.