× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration

More
9 years 11 months ago #121235 by FunkyDudley
Mandatory Reconsideration was created by FunkyDudley
Can anyone please advise, if you put in for mandatory reconsideration what type of letter do you receive in response and does it state something along the lines of "in respect of your request for mandatory reconsideration....." If not what does it say?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121236 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration

FunkyDudley wrote: Can anyone please advise, if you put in for mandatory reconsideration what type of letter do you receive in response and does it state something along the lines of "in respect of your request for mandatory reconsideration....." If not what does it say?

Thank you

As far as I am aware the DWP do not acknowledge receipt of a request for a Mandatory Reconsideration, the normal procedure is that a Decision Maker will attempt to call the claimant to see whether they have any additional evidence, if they unable to contact the claimant they will start the Reconsideration, if they do then they will allow the claimant four weeks to send it in.

Once the Reconsideration is complete the DWP will right the claimant with the result, I haven't seen this letter so I cannot confirm the content specifically, but they will either uphold the original Decision in which case you will receive two copies of the Mandatory Reconsideration Notice, one of which can be used to lodge an appeal with the Tribunal Service.

If the MR overturns the Decision then this should be clear from the letter as should the claimants new award. A further letter from the DWP outlining any payment changes should follow in a couple of weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• tony321
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121316 by tony321
Replied by tony321 on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
I put in a PIP reconsideration nearly 5 weeks ago and have heard nothing nor have had I any conversation with anyone from DWP or been contacted by them.

I just wonder how long this is going to take as I'm desperately in need of the money and not sure what I will do if things take much longer.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121321 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration

tony321 wrote: I put in a PIP reconsideration nearly 5 weeks ago and have heard nothing nor have had I any conversation with anyone from DWP or been contacted by them.

I just wonder how long this is going to take as I'm desperately in need of the money and not sure what I will do if things take much longer.

The first thing to do is to check with the DWP to make sure that they have received your MR request, there is no timescale for an MR to be completed in and as yet I do not believe that the DWP have published any statistics on average timescales, also there will be variation between the benefits and the awards being challenged.

The only other thing I can suggest is for you to contact your MP to see if they can put any pressure on the DWP to speed things up.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• tony321
9 years 11 months ago #121361 by tony321
Gordon, I checked with the DWP 2 weeks ago and they have everything there, now it's 5 weeks since we made the call to start the process. I have been in touch with my MP to help and he has said he will write to the DWP as well so fingers crossed something happens soon as I'm getting desperate, my condition is worsening as is my financial position.

All I can do is wait.

• tony321
9 years 11 months ago #121376 by tony321
I rung the DWP and the letter is in the post but after the reconsideration I've now been awarded the standard living component to go with the standard mobility component I already had.

I was hoping to get the enhanced so a little bit disappointed but not sure of my next steps

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.