× Members

Atos weren't going to tell me my assessment date!

• bottleofbest
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago #121263 by bottleofbest
Atos sent me an assessment date two weeks ago and they had to rearrange it as one, it wasn't on the ground floor and two, I wanted it recorded.

I hadn't received a letter from them so my wife rang them today to find out when the appt was going to be. She has tried 3 different days and was told each time that the woman dealing with my case wasn't free. Well eventually my wife got to speak to her today and we've been told my assessment is next week! Short notice! My wife asked for a letter so we could have the address etc and they said they weren't going to send one, but because she asked, they would now send one!
They weren't going to tell me about, so how was I supposed to have known about it?

They were obviously hoping that I would therefore not attend and would then subsequently face sanctions!

My advice to everyone waiting for an assessment date is keep ringing them and pestering them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121267 by Gordon
bottleofbest

ATOS are required to give the claimant 7 days written notice of an appointment, although this includes time spent in the post, unless the claimant accepts a short notice appointment.

Just to make sure that you are aware of the following, claimants do not have a legal right to insist that the assessment is recorded, so if the equipment is not available on the day, refusing to then participate will likely count as a failure to attend and you only get one of these.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.