× Members

How long is too long ?

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121273 by neptuno
How long is too long ? was created by neptuno
I sent in PIP and ESA in December. I had a letter saying PIP will send me a date for F2F (still waiting) and I've heard nothing from ESA. Is 20 + weeks too long wait for a response ? I'm wary of ringing DWP because Nobody seems able to give correct and consistent answers !
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• James
9 years 11 months ago #121275 by James
Replied by James on topic How long is too long ?
I have found the DWP call back times to be efficient and waiting phone times not too bad
but the awnsers are all over the place,at cross purposes and sometimes no more than uninstructed guesses on the part of the junior clerical staff.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121277 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic How long is too long ?
How long is too long? DWP/ATOS/Capita have no time scale in which they have to deal with claims and we are hearing many stories similar to yours :(

Do I believe you have waited too long? You bet! Your best course of action is probably to get your MP involved. S/he might be able to get tihngs moving for you, at then very least s/he will be aware of how badly the system is treating claimants.

Contacting your MP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: neptuno

More
9 years 11 months ago #121283 by neptuno
Replied by neptuno on topic How long is too long ?
Am in SG for ESA so guessing they don't view me as a priority ?!?

More
9 years 11 months ago #121288 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic How long is too long ?
Apart from people with terminal illnesses claiming PIP, there are no 'priority cases'.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Rubyred
9 years 11 months ago #121305 by Rubyred
Replied by Rubyred on topic How long is too long ?
If youre in SG you would be assessed for PIP by Atos as I was. I only waited 7 weeks from them receiving the completed form to the assessment day and it was done only 8 miles away.
I would certainly have rang them long before now.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.