× Members

DLA payment whilst pending renewal

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121286 by satmanbasil
DLA payment whilst pending renewal was created by satmanbasil
Hi

Can you please confirm my understanding of the rules concerning payment of DLA whilst pending renewal.

It is my understanding that when in receipt of DLA you will continue to be paid until such time the reassessment is made and awarded or if your claim is refused then you still receive payment for a month after.

My reason to question this is my DLA claim awarded for a year has now stopped, when i contacted the DLA they informed me a reclaim pack had been sent to me which I never received. I was advised I would have to make a new claim for PIP, having been told this i wrote a letter of complaint to the DLA who rang me to say there had been a mistake and admitted no claim pack was sent to me and they would be sending me a form to renew my claim under DLA not PIP's .

So going by my understanding in the first paragraph would i be right in saying that the DLA who have admitted fault by not sending the renewal claim pack ontime should continue to make payment of my DLA until they have made an assessment. Hearing other stories on the forum of delays makes me wonder if they dont i could be waiting some months to hear from them .
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121289 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA payment whilst pending renewal
DLA paperwork is usually sent out a few months ahead of the end date so that a decision can be made in good time. In your case, DWP have admitted that they did not send the forms out but you should still complete and return the forms in a timely manner as there is no guarantee that peyment would continue long-term.

The situation with a PIP migration is different. In these cases, as long as the claimant does everything asked of them the DLa payment will continue until 4 weeks after a PIP decision has been made.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.